First and second hours: Vietnam War conversations at The Little Theatre
During this special two-hour broadcast from The Little Theatre, we delve into the history of the Vietnam War with veterans, activists, and members of the Vietnamese community. It’s a preview of the forthcoming 10-episode documentary series called The Vietnam War on PBS. The series, produced by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick, launches Sunday, September 17 at 8 p.m. on WXXI-TV. Our guests share their personal experiences of the war: stories of heroism, loss, and hope. Our guests:
- John White, U.S. Marine Corps veteran
- Alan Levin (“Brother Wease”), U.S. Army veteran
- Henrietta and Max Levine, anti-war activists
- Ginny Nguyen, Rochesterian, Blue Start Mother and vice president of the Vietnamese Community of Rochester, Inc.
- Loan Nguyen, wife of Special Force Lieutenant Colonel Doi Nguyen of the South Vietnamese Army, and mother of Ginny Nguyen