Rochester fire officials say high levels of carbon monoxide in a church on the city’s northwest side resulted in several people being treated.
Firefighters were called to the scene at about 1:40pm at Emmanuel Temple Church on Seneca Parkway.
When they got there, the crew found high levels of the odorless gas. Everyone was evacuated and RG&E pinpointed the problem to an improperly installed furnace.
Fire crews ventilated the building; two adults and one child were taken to the hospital as a precaution to be checked out, and eight others were treated at the scene.