If you’ve ever stared at a blank page, wishing that streams of brilliant prose would appear, you’re not alone. Many aspiring and veteran writers view writer’s block as their worst enemy in the creative process. A group of local writers and teachers is hoping to change that. They’ve joined together to offer a retreat aimed at helping female writers become their “wilder, bolder, more natural creative” selves.
Our guests discuss how using inner-child meditation, self-hypnosis, and other creative efforts can help writers can improve their craft, work through hurdles, and more. We have some fun talking about the craft of writing with instructors at the Mother Wolf retreat:
- Christine Green, freelance literary arts journalist, teaching artist, memoirist, and meditation leader
- Nina Alvarez, writer, editor, publisher, teaching artist, energy healer, and founder of Cosmographia Publishing and Dream Your Book author services
- Jen Years, certified consulting hypnotist, psychic/medium, reiki master teacher, writer, and owner of Mojo Dojo
- Mary Monroe, musician, concert promoter, writer, and energy healer
- Kathy Pottetti, director of the Writers & Books retreat center, Gell: A Finger Lakes Creative Retreat in Naples