WXXI Local Stories
Tue April 30, 2013
Film Shoot Will Impact Drivers, Pedestrians, and Bus Riders
Parts of downtown Rochester will serve as a movie set starting today, as filming begins early this morning for The Amazing Spiderman 2. Filming is scheduled to continue through Thursday, May 9. Drivers, pedestrians and those who ride buses will all be affected by road closures.
The primary street closures for Tuesday, April 30 are:
- Main St., from Plymouth Ave. to Clinton Ave. will be closed to vehicles.
- Pedestrians requiring access to buildings along this section of Main St. will be directed by Rochester police officers and/or film production company staff who will be posted at intersections.
- St. Paul St., between Andrews St. and Main St. will be closed intermittently to allow for access cross Main St. Vehicle and pedestrian access to buildings, parking lots and garages on this section of St. Paul St. will be permitted.
- There are also a number of side streets in the area that will be open to local traffic only
For RTS bus patrons:
- RTS buses will be re-routed off Main Street for the 10-day stretch of filming.
- All bus stops and service between Chestnut St. and Plymouth Avenue will NOT be available.
- Bus transfer points, normally located at Main St. and Clinton Ave., and Main St. and St. Paul St. will be moved to the Broad Street Bridge between the Blue Cross Arena and Rundel Memorial Library.
- Northbound Routes affected by the detour are: #5 St. Paul, #7 N. Clinton and #11 Joseph.
- Southbound Routes affected by the detour are: #5 South, # 7 Monroe, #11 S. Clinton, #24 Marketplace and # 50 MCC
- Eastbound Routes affected by the detour are: #1 Park, #2 Parsells, #3 Goodman, #4 Hudson, # 6 Clifford, #8 East Main, #9 Bay/Webster, #10 Portland and #18 University.
- Westbound Routes affected by the detour are: #1 Lake, #2 Thurston, #3 Lyell, #4 Genesee, #6 Jefferson, #8 Chili Center, #8B Genesee Park Blvd., #9 Jay/Maple, #10 Dewey, #15 Latta, #16 Crosstown and #19 Plymouth.
RTS employees will be on Broad Street daily starting today, April 30, to assist bus riders. For more information and routes, visit RGRTA's website or call customer service at (585) 288-1700.