Local nurse Theresa Bowick is known for her work launching Conkey Cruisers, a bicycling and fitness organization. Now, she's opening up about her personal story, which moves from domestic violence, anxiety, and eventually to a quest to lose weight. She’s written a play that will be in the upcoming Fringe Festival, and she’s partnering with a Hollywood actor to raise awareness about domestic violence at the local and national levels.
We talk about the work Bowick and her colleagues are doing, and about how to help victims of domestic violence in our community. Our guests:
- Theresa Bowick, nurse, activist, and playwright of Collard Green Curves: The Nurse Bowick Story
- Aceyon Owens, actor in Collard Green Curves: The Nurse Bowick Story
- Delbra Brown, advocate for intimate partner violence prevention
- Pamela Graham, prevention education and training coordinator for the Willow Domestic Violence Center
- Julian Brittano, executive producer, writer, and actor in the upcoming drama series, Exposé